Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Needing a password when extracting files??

I recently ran into this problem and wanted to pass it along. I may not be the only one who has had this problem. I've unzipped thousands and thousands of files and never ran across this problem until now. So you may run into it, if you haven't already.

I got a "password needed" when extracting a recent file and could not figure out why. This is because of a large path (or large names on a file), and instead of Extraction Wizard giving you an error, it asks for a password. So this link gives you a solution to get around it, but what I did was just rename my zip file to a smaller name, then unzipped it with my Extraction Wizard and it worked! Just something to pass along :)

Image and video hosting by <span class=TinyPic" border="0">

<span class=

No comments: